Jerry Jones addresses Mike McCarthy’s future after playoff loss

After a playoff loss to San Francisco 49ers 23-17, Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys owner, spoke out to the media. He was not happy. The future of many coaching staff members is still in doubt after a controversial and wild ending. Mike McCarthy’s seat appears to be hot, and both coordinators are scheduled to interview elsewhere for head coaching positions.

Jerry Jones’s thoughts about the loss and, perhaps, the season were clear. He said that he was “extraordinarily disappointed” via The Athletic’s Jon Machota.

The offseason began with the Dak Prescott run, and referee snafus that occurred in the final seconds of the game. Jerry Jones and the brain trust at the Dallas Cowboys have made a key decision regarding Mike McCarthy’s future job security.

“I don’t even want to discuss anything like that at this particular time,” said Jones, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “That’s not on the table. The game speaks for itself.”

The Cowboys can decide to leave and use either Kellen Moore, offensive coordinator, or Dan Quinn as their defensive coordinator. They must avoid the discussions Jones had soon to keep up with other franchises. The NFL’s current head coaches are the Jacksonville Jaguars (and other NFL teams), Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants and Chicago Bears, New York Giants as well as New York Giants, New York Giants and Chicago Bears.

After a controversial moment with the officiating staff, the Cowboys season ended in an extremely disappointing manner. The Cowboys tried to spike the ball one more time into the end zone after a scramble for yards as the clock expired.

By rule, the official must touch the ball before the offense can take it. Prescott and his team refused to give the ball to the official. The official battled his way through the linemen and repositioned the ball himself. He pushed through the line, forcing Prescott and his line to move their feet. However, the ball could not be snapped because the referee wasn’t clear of the play.

The controversial end was made even more interesting by the fact that the referee who was involved in the last play also had a similar bizarre moment earlier in game. The Cowboys had a successful fake punt which earned them a first-down. They then left their punting team on the field in an odd formation, trying to get San Francisco out of timeout.

The 49ers refused to take the offer, so Dallas replaced their personnel with the offensive and attempted to snap the ball. To ensure that the defense had time to set, the same referee was present on the final play. As he ran out of Cowboys’ reach, he appeared to block the Cowboys’ path for longer than necessary.

Related Articles

Latest Articles